Selected Publications, Presentations, Workshops
- Michalakes, J. and M. Vachharajani: GPU Acceleration of Numerical Weather Prediction. Parallel Processing Letters Vol. 18 No. 4. World Scientific. Dec. 2008. pp. 531--548. http://wwww.worldscinet.com/ppl
- Linford, J., J. Michalakes, A. Sandu, and M. Vachharajani, Multi-core acceleration of chemical kinetics for simulation and prediction, to appear in proceedings of the 2009 ACM/IEEE conference on supercomputing (SC'09), ACM, 2009.
- Emerging Multi-core Computing Technology in Earth and Space Sciences. Session at 2008 Fall AGU meeting.
- WRF Nature Run, Gordon Bell Finalist presentation, SC07, Reno, November 14, 2007. Click here for presentation slides. Click here for final version of paper (submitted within Gordon Bell cutoff, but after SC07 proceedings deadline).
- High Performance Computing and Atmospheric Modeling BMAC Seminar Series presentation to Computer Science Department at Colorado State University, November 26, 2007 (scroll down a little after you reach the BMAC link.)
- Michalakes, J., J. Dudhia, D. Gill, T. Henderson, J. Klemp, W.
Skamarock, and W. Wang: The
Weather Research and Forecast Model: Software Architecture and
Performance. Proceedings of the Eleventh ECMWF Workshop on the Use
of High Performance Computing in Meteorology. Eds. Walter Zwieflhofer
and George Mozdzynski. World Scientific, 2005, pp 156-168
- In the country of the blind, the laser tech is king