Welcome to the MM5 Polar Working Group Homepage
The MM5 Polar Working Group is a group of individuals from
different institutions with an interest in the physics and parameterizations
of the MM5 that are adapted for polar conditions. This site
offers news and information on this group and its related work,
results, and interests.
Key modifications thus far:
- Revised cloud / radiation interaction
- Modified explicit ice phase microphysics
- Optimal turbulence (boundary layer) parameterization
- Implementation of a sea ice surface type
- Improved treatment of heat transfer through snow / ice surfaces.
- Improved upper boundary treatment
- Improved treatment of horizontal pressure gradient force
- Further testing and development of upper boundary treatments
- Improved snow/ice albedo parameterization