Graphics: NCL - Example
Example script illustrating how create a panel plot.
In this script note:
- The use of gsn_define_colormap to overwrite the colormap set in .hluresfile;
- To prepare the individual plots, NoHeaderFooter and lbLabelBarOn are set off for each plot;
- To panel, set PanelPlot to True when using the function wrf_map_overlay;
- Setting CommonTitle to True and PlotTitle to the current time,
will overwrite ALL field information for each plot with the current time.
These are wrf_map_overlays resources;
- Then use gsn_panel to panel the 4 plots generated.
gsnPanelLabelBar is used to generate a single label bar for the 4 plots.
txString is used to generate a single header for the 4 plots.
- The middle picture below was created with wrf_panel1-1.ncl.
In this script we paneled an odd number of plots, the last plot is centered.
- The right-hand picture below was created with wrf_panel1-2.ncl.
In this script we paneled an odd number of plots, the last plot is inline.