WRF Model Update
WRF model tar file has been updated to Version
3.1.1 on July 31, 2009. Most of the updates are bug fixes for the 3.1 release. For updates in WRF 3.1, please click here.
WRF Pre-Processing System (WPS) has been updated to Version 3.1.1.
Also see 'Known
Problems' in this release.
- QNSESFC - remove print.
- BEP URBAN - allocate large arrays only if used (save space) - fix for nested runs.
- PX LSM - initialize surface snow when nudging not used, fix surface nudging interval to use sgfdda interval, restart problem.
- OpenMP issue fixed with the following combination of sfclay, surface and pbl physics:
* QNSE sfclay, QNSE PBL and Noah LSM
QNSE sfclay, QNSE PBL and RUC LSM
* MM5 sfclay, YSU PBL and RUC LSM
- RUC LSM: use ACSNOM, and allow time-varying background albedo.
- Correct for a few typos in LANDUSE.TBL.
- CU G3 - fixed for OpenMP.
- Thompson and Thompson07 - allocate at run time (save space).
- LIN MP - fix units for WRF-Chem part. Minor change for rain evaporation calculation from Peter Blossey (UW).
- surface_driver - fix for logicals set in OpenMP sections.
- CAM radiation - allocate local large arrays at run time (save space). Partially fixed OpenMP issue, but for global and adaptive time step cases, these are still not resolved.
- physics_init, start_em - clean-up use of ONLY.
- If mp_zero option is activated, it extends to the boundary zone. It also modifies scalar and chem species.
- curvature - fix to small term in lat/long proj.
surface w - add map factors (small effect).
- php is now correctly declared as a non-staggered variable in Registry.
- Observation nudging for the nests: correct a problem with radius of influence for the nests
- Spectral nudging is activated.
- Running ndown.exe and use of namelist variable fine_input_stream = 2 no longer requires the use of namelist variable 'use_baseparm_fr_nml'.
- Bogus utility compile fixed for ifort. Still requires serial and no-nesting compile.
- Nesting with 1:2 ratio was fixed in this release.
- Nesting with 1:5 ratio was fixed when large number of processors are used.
- Checks for num_metgrid_soil_levels specified in the namelist against data in program real.
- Use of 3D RUC soil temperature and moisture data fixed.
- Add pole_lat and pole_lon to meta data to assist for post-processing.
- README.namelist, and examples.namelist were updated to correct a few errors.
- Default latitude for starting polar filtering for lat/lon domain has been set to 91, instead of 45 degrees. This is to avoid terrain-filtering even for regional domains.
- Memory requirement per processor reduced.
- Improve compile time by removing unnecessary compile.
- Compilation using IBM xlf 12 compiler.
- Improved compile option for blue gene.
- Remove diagnostic prints from decomposition.